• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I'm now rooted...

nstg8r

Android Enthusiast
Thanks to Cooper and [The Android] I'm now rooted with vampiro's recovery and the Puma kernel.

So, now what? Other than the increase in performance I should get with the new kernel, what else can/should I do? What is superuser? How do I even test if I'm rooted?

If you have superuser, you are rooted. If there's any doubt, go to menu>settings>about phone>and look at your build number. Next step, I'd flash Ubuntdroid beta 2 and be really happy.

Flash a ROM maybe. Download some root-only apps (Titanium Backup, SD Increase, Cachemate for example).
Experiment! Flash a theme maybe.

got SD Increase... huge improvement

After rooting and SD Increase, it's amazing how fast I can download and install from the Market. Absolutely night and day.

Also, using Superuser with Reboot Widget. Nice being able to do a restart the "normal" way. Tried to use Quick Boot, but it wouldn't work.

random question...If I were to root my transform and purchase a tab like Ipad, Nook Color, etc. would I be able to tether my tab w/ my phone?

what is the superuser app for? it has three tabs: apps, log, and settings. i dont immediately see what it does though?

also, i remember a thread where there was discussion about freezing apps but i cant find it. can someone point me to that thread or tell me the name of the app?

You freeze apps with titanium backup.

Been using it and love it.

One question though, I can't find Sprint Hotspot in the app list so I cant freeze it. Any ideas?

So far I've frozen:
Browser
Calculator
Clock
Email
Gmail
Music
MyFiles
Sprint ID
Sprint Zone
Talk
Task Manager
Voice Dialer
Voice Search

Is there any system files (non-apps) I should freeze?
Is there anything I shouldn't freeze?

Back
Top Bottom