• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'm on Metro, and Crickets sound tasty. But am I SOL?

teh_dude

Android Enthusiast
Jun 13, 2011
Arlington/Denton, TX
Yeah I wouldn't eat a cricket. I hope you laughed though. But considering Cricket has 3G at least for now, but otherwise offers the same basic plans as MetroPCS (reasonable price for unlimited everything), I'd love to switch. Only problem is I'm in north Texas and the nearest existence of Cricket that I've found is in the southern Houston area, even though their coverage map covers north Texas and most other major urban areas, just like Metro.

So that has me wondering about three things:

A) Am I right in my understanding that Cricket and MetroPCS offer relatively the same plans for similar pricing? That's the impression I got from looking at Cricket's site, but truth comes from the mouths of those who have used the carrier.

B) Is there a Cricket retailer/corporate store anywhere even near north Texas? By north, I mean the DFW area.

C) I currently have an LG Optimus M. It and the Optimus C are clones. If I were to take it to a Cricket retailer that was able to flash non-Cricket phones over to Cricket, would I get their 3G?

Yeah I wouldn't eat a cricket. I hope you laughed though. But considering Cricket has 3G at least for now, but otherwise offers the same basic plans as MetroPCS (reasonable price for unlimited everything), I'd love to switch. Only problem is I'm in north Texas and the nearest existence of Cricket that I've found is in the southern Houston area, even though their coverage map covers north Texas and most other major urban areas, just like Metro.

So that has me wondering about three things:

A) Am I right in my understanding that Cricket and MetroPCS offer relatively the same plans for similar pricing? That's the impression I got from looking at Cricket's site, but truth comes from the mouths of those who have used the carrier.

B) Is there a Cricket retailer/corporate store anywhere even near north Texas? By north, I mean the DFW area.

C) I currently have an LG Optimus M. It and the Optimus C are clones. If I were to take it to a Cricket retailer that was able to flash non-Cricket phones over to Cricket, would I get their 3G?

Maybe you already know this, but they are now up here in the DFW area.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones