• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'm Still Impressed

olbriar

Jun 19, 2010
Land of Oz
The other day, my business partner and myself were traveling together though rural Kansas when he received a call from one of our associates on his S3. The call dropped so he tried to return the call. It too dropped.
The business associate then called me on my Rez and we discussed the matter at hand and hung up. With nothing better to do, we then started comparing the Rez and the S3 as we went down the back roads of nowhere. The S3 zero internet... the Rez 3g. I had three bars sometimes four and he had one at best. I'm still impressed!

Nice! Experiences like that will make one question their device and/or their carrier.

I ended up on Verizon about 15 years ago due to something similar: went hiking with a girl from work (not that I am a big hiker but... GIRL!!) Anyway, standing on top of Cuyamaca Peak (San Diego, CA about 6500 ft) -- she's getting calls (VZW) and I don't have a single call bar (Cingular).

All I could think was: if I get eaten by a bear, I can't call 911. (Bears are another reason to not go hiking but... GIRL!!)

Was your business partner on your carrier?

Upvote 0
Yes... we are both with Verizon. The only thing different between the two units was he was on the passenger side of the truck and I was driving....He with the S3 and I on my Rez.

Carrier is a different matter entirely. Apples to oranges.. depending where you are located. Here where I live, big red has the best coverage by far. That doesn't hold true in other areas.

He loves his S3 and it seems to work quite well in our normal area of operation. On the fringe of coverage, the Rez was able to pull in a good signal where he was without. I have no idea if it's radios or antenna.. but the difference was glaring.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones