• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

IMEI INFO...

whyyme

Lurker
The 10 digit number for the MIN is different than my phone number but what is bad , is I called that number and it's a majic Jack unassigned phone number...and my network barely works and keeps changing to GLOBAL ...ahhh.

Well I know what Magic Jack is, but no idea what "MIN" is, and what exactly do you mean by "changing to GLOBAL"? Also 10 digit phone numbers? Where exactly are you, what country. Where I am, phone numbers are 11 or 12 digit.

Well, in Italy mobile numbers are 10 digits, but I would not automatically assume that a 10-digit number was a phone number.

From the thread I'd guess that "MIN" is referring to the IMEI, except that the IMEI is 15 digits. But in case that is what was meant I'll just say that there is no relation at all between IMEI and phone number.

Knowing what network you think you should be on, what exactly keeps changing to "global" (something I've never seen on any phone) would help. And what exactly you mean by "MIN" (IMEI, MEID, something else)?

Also 10 digit phone numbers? Where exactly are you, what country.
In the US, we have 7-digit phone numbers and 3-digit area codes. Because it's so common now to have to dial a number with its area code, we refer to them as 10-digit phone numbers.

When I was growing up, the entire Los Angeles area had one area code, 213. Since everyone I knew was in the same area code, I only had to dial their 7-digit phone numbers. Now SoCal has SO MANY area codes, I've long ago lost track!

Depending on where you live, you may have to dial a number with its area code even if you're in the same area code. In Dallas, that's how it was; I was happy to see after moving back home that it's not that way here. I'm in 626; if I'm calling another 626 number, I just dial the 7-digit phone number.

Also, in the US we generally have to dial '1' before the area code--so although we call them 10-digit numbers, they're actually 11. *shrug*

OT
Los Angeles 213
New York City 212
Chicago 312
I heard somewhere those original area codes were chosen for the three largest cities, because they were the quickest to dial on a rotary dial telephone.

In China, it's 11 or 12 digit.
Jinan 0531-xxxx-xxxx
Beijing 010-xxxx-xxxx
Mobile numbers always start with 1 and are 11 digit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom