• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root IMEI recovery

Would you buy a 100$ motorola paperweight?

• Yes, the phone is bricked and you should move on.

• No, but good luck.

Results are only viewable after voting.

felixsv

Lurker
Hello, I'm new in this forum. I am no developer so please be mindful and keep it simple :)
I will try to keep it short.

Actual Problem: No IMEI on the device ( I dial the *#06# and I get a pop up with no information, only the OK button to close it. It doesn't say Null or 000000 as output).

Old Problem: my Motorola moto G 4G peregrine XT1039 was rebooting randomly and not getting any connection signal (wifi was unable, SIM not recognized). This happend after a friend thought it'd be cool to root my device. Mistake. Not even a backup had been done.

I did some research.. and since I could not do a "custom ROM" from a SD launch or whatever, I decided to wipe it all and install Cyanogenmod. I followed each step of this site: https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_peregrine ( including backup from the previous conditions)
It worked out good. No more reboots, wifi is working, phone is ok but the IMEI seems to be missing.

Please provide me a useful guide or some tips on how to repair my IMEI. Is it possible?
I live as an expat and I can't bring it to a store, if there are people providing this services.
Please help. Thank you very much!

Kind regards,
Felix Svoboda.

Dear Thom,
thanks for the reply.

I have searched in the forum regarding this issue and I did not find helpful information, so I would appreciate a lot the opinion of some of the people here around regarding this matter.

Thanks,
Felix.

Back
Top Bottom