• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Incoming message tone can't be cancelled after deleting "media storage" data

Lironc1310

Lurker
Nov 20, 2016
Hi,

I deleted cache and data from the "media storage" app in order to see all the pictiues on my phone when I connect it to my PC. It worked fine and instead of 700 pictures I can now see all 2300.

However - after doing this, now suddenly there's a weird ringtone playing every time I have an incoming email/message. I tried changing the sounds setting which didn't help. I also rebooted the device (shut down and turn on) and that didn't help also.

any idea how to get rid of this strange alert?

Thank!

What do you currently have set at Settings > Sound > Phone ringtone, Default notification ringtone, and Default alarm ringtone?

Do you have any third-party apps installed for managing notifications or sounds(LightFlow, Ringmaker, etc.)?

If you change an app's specific notification sound (usually buried within that app's settings), does that change take effect?

Do you have any files stored at [Internal Storage]\Notifications or [Internal Storage]\Ringtones?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones