• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Infinity app's defaults keep resetting

Context: Android 12 running on Pixel 3.

Reddit's app never worked well for me (it never properly opens links in my email), so I hunted down an alternative, Infinity. It works fine, however... Every now and then it completely loses it's default app settings. It's obvious this has happened, as when tapping a Reddit link I'm asked to choose between Reddit's app (which I would need to reinstall) or Chrome. So I go back to the defaults settings for Infinity, find all my settings have been cleared, reenable them, then tap the link in Gmail again.

I suspect something is resetting these default app settings when Infinity is updated. I encountered this a few minutes ago and checked to find that the app was updated yesterday.

I don't recall this behavior with other apps. Bug in Android? Bug in Infinity? Is there something I can do to make this stuff stick?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones