• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Installation of Memory Card - HELP!

Hi All....Well, I just received this microscopic little chip and cannot seem to get it installed into my Kyocera Event. I fully realize this is going to be a difficult question to answer in written form, as it is truly a visual aid that I may require in this case, but if anybody has some simple written instructions, I would be happy to try to install it again. After all, I did pay for the thing. I have gotten as far as unlocking and lifting the protective metal piece under which the memory card is placed. But I cannot seem to find the right method of installation (i.e. gold terminals facing up or placed down into the phone, facing North or South, slid into a slot or simply set in place). I don't want to force the issue, and it doesn't seem as though the card fits into a set mold, so to speak, within the back of the phone. Any advice would be appreciated. I am in no hurry to install the card, but would like to at some point. As always, I thank you for your kind assistance.

Hmmm, I though this would be easy, but it's not; as I cannot find the info online for you.

The only thing I can suggest is if you actually received an owners manual it should be in there. However if you actually received an owners manual then you probably wouldn't be here asking questions, right?

The two links I found for your phone didn't help me either:

Kyocera Event C5133

Kyocera Phone Support: Get help by phone, email, or online

With the above, maybe you can contact Kyocera directly.

I wish I was of more help, but for now I just can't find more.

good luck

There are instructions in the manual; however, they are very difficult to interpret. The manual's photo of the way the memory card should be facing are virtually impossible (for me anyway) to decipher. In any case, thank you so much for taking the time to trying to help. I will keep plugging away at it.

You are the man! I was not putting the memory card in the metal, I was placing it on the leads and then trying to place the metal guard on top of it. Will go install the right way now, because I got it to "work" the wrong way. One thing I did notice is that I "lost" some MP3 music that I had downloaded, but I can always download again.

My next topic of dismay is going to be how to efficiently download and store music on to my memory card for easy access. I have a couple of apps to download music from. One was great until it started asking for "coins". The other is just a straight up, no frills, MP3 music downloader app. Good app, but slow to download and (for this new user, anyway) difficult to manage music files. Just want to get them all saved on my memory card, but I don't know the proper terminology to create a new folder. I know on some other Kyocera models, the folder is my music. Oh well.....a topic for another time, I guess. Thanks again for your help, Deathneed!

My next topic of dismay is going to be how to efficiently download and store music on to my memory card for easy access. I have a couple of apps to download music from. One was great until it started asking for "coins". The other is just a straight up, no frills, MP3 music downloader app. Good app, but slow to download and (for this new user, anyway) difficult to manage music files. Just want to get them all saved on my memory card, but I don't know the proper terminology to create a new folder. I know on some other Kyocera models, the folder is my music. Oh well.....a topic for another time, I guess. Thanks again for your help, Deathneed!

On myphone there is a folder called Music-SD I dont remember making it so I assume the phone added it. Thats where I put all my music

EDIT: did a quick google, the default location for music on android is SD/media/ so find the media folder on your SD card and then create a music folder inside it and add your music there.

If you don't have a folder for MUSIC on your sd card then you can make one using a file manager app, or plug your phone into a Windows PC. When the sd card "gets seen" by Windows, open it, then create you folder. Easy! Make sure the music folder is in all caps. That way the music folder can be read by any phone you put the sd card in to. Some phones need caps on important folder. My Lg OV made one- music. My HTC One V made an additional one on the same card with all caps. Weird, but true.
And thanks for posting the YouTube link on sd card installation. Major helpful!
(just when you think you've passed the "noob" stage, they invent something new!)

You are the man! I was not putting the memory card in the metal, I was placing it on the leads and then trying to place the metal guard on top of it. Will go install the right way now, because I got it to "work" the wrong way. One thing I did notice is that I "lost" some MP3 music that I had downloaded, but I can always download again.

A helpful tip I've learned, if you have a Windows PC, you have all the assistance files you need. Make a folder with a title like Mobile Device Files, [or whatever you want] Then make another inside of that one- [name of your device]. Add another- Sd card backup with dates of backups. If you ever have device or sd card issues, you'll have a backup of all your downloads. Not all sd cards & phones are made equal, so backups come in handy.
You can also make a folder that's just for your mp3s, just in case there is ever an issue with your web account, you'll have a copy of your stuff to fall back on.

Back
Top Bottom