• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Installed wrong recovery

Hello there,
I wanted to root my device "Infinix x522" so I unlocked bootloader and installed TWRP recovery for it but it wasn't it's recovery so my device is stuck at Infinix logo. I tried Volume up + power buttons and also Volume down + power button but nothing happens, it still stuck, don't wanna boot to recovery or fastboot modes.
What can I do guys, Is my device got bricked forever?
Help me please!
Thanks in advance

Fastboot may be your best bet.

I don't know this device, but right now I'd try to find a fresh set of stock firmware and reflash it completely (I don't know where you find this or what tools are needed for this model).

If you can't find that you could try finding and flashing a compatible recovery (stock or twrp) and see whether that is enough to fix it. If it isn't then you will need to fully reflash.

Upvote 0
I have an Infinix S2 Pro too!
The phone is not bricked FOREVER... There is always a way to fix it out.
First you will need a tool for your PC. Called SP Flash Tool. Download your firmware. ( https://firmwarepanda.com/infinix-s2-pro-x522-firmware/ in your case ) , and extract the zip file into your PC. Open SP Flash Tool, and enter in the Scatter-loading file and select an .txt document located in the firmware folder of the ROM. After that you should untick all the boxes EXCEPT the one called recovery. Press download. Reboot your phone by touching the power button a few seconds. Then the SP flash tool will start.
After the Tool will show you an Check Mark on the screen, you can unplug your phone, and power it on.
After that operation, your Phone will boot normally.

If you wanted to try rooting, don't make it using TWRP. That is more dangerous than you think... Use SuperSU method instead! ( https://androidbiits.com/root-infinix-s2-pro-x522-easily/ )

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones