• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Installing Stock Jellybean

I am currently on Omega v9.0 XXBLG1 (Ice Cream Sandwich) but I want to install Jellybean. Can I just flash Jellybean over the top of my custom rom (and lose root) or do I have to unroot, return to stock ICS and then flash Jellybean?

Should I also do a full wipe before I flash Jellybean over Omega?

Let me know if you have any questions before you jump in. Happy to answer anything I can.

It wont hurt to do it after. Then you can see if everything works. if ti does, you're good. If something doesn't work, go back into recovery and wipe.

Ok, from what I have read the newer versions wipe cache and dalvik cache during install don't they? Factory reset is more 'extreme' than these two wipes if it doesnt work properly.

Oh does it? I don't use Omega but yeah its no bad thing wiping /cache and /data/dalvik-cache. A factory reset (from recovery - cant stress that enough) will do both of the former but also /data in its entirety (data/app, data/data etc) which is essentially where anything "you" sits.

Oh does it? I don't use Omega but yeah its no bad thing wiping /cache and /data/dalvik-cache. A factory reset (from recovery - cant stress that enough) will do both of the former but also /data in its entirety (data/app, data/data etc) which is essentially where anything "you" sits.

I think iwill wipe /cache and dalvik-cache before install anyway. Do I flash the new Omega ROM with Odin?

performed a factory reset in CWM and flashed Omega 36. Everything looks good so far, now just restoring apps with titanium backup

Back
Top Bottom