• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Intrusive ads popping up without any apps open! Tried everything!

Argh! At my wit's end here. I have an LG K20 Plus with Metro PCS as carrier. I've been getting full screen ads popping up randomly. Doesn't have to be when an app is open, they can occur when I'm on my home screen. I've deleted recently downloaded apps. Installed malware bytes, checked for viruses, caches cleared, app history data cleared all to no avail. About to try a no-root firewall from the play store. When an ad appears and I click on the icon that takes to me to the ad location (w/e it's called, I'm no tech wizard lol) it directs me to a google ad page so I know that the ads are somehow from google. I know it could still be from an older app that just updated its ad policy but does anybody know any other potential fixes before I'm forced to go on an app-deleting spree or just throw the phone out the window?

Thanks!

Ugh, I hate hate hate HAAAATE when dev's do this. One of your apps must have recently updated and, just like everyone else, you assumed it was good, approved the new permissions and didn't give it a second thought. What you got was bundled adware. The problem is finding it. Look at recently updated apps first. And utilities? file managers? Phone optimization or booster apps?

Sometimes you have to factory reset and re-install your apps one at a time to find the offender. All I suggest is that when you DO figure out which app is pushing this crap that you leave a scathing review on the play store. Let others know they did this.

Back
Top Bottom