• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

IOS Application Development Vs Android Application Development?

whether i should start iOS app development for iPhones, iPads, etc. Or if i should start Android development.
I would plan your app to perform is a way that it could work on both platforms. We see folks all the time that change platforms and are looking for App X that they loved on iOS and looking for an equivalent on Android or vice versa. It's always easier to just let them know the same app exists on Android too.

Yes

You should definitely start with one or the other (or something else entirely)

Its difficult to give a more precise answer.. as it would depend on a lot of things. The most basic of which being, where are you starting from and what is the goal you are trying to reach..

Firstly, You have to know the target user base whether it is in Asia / Europe or US specific. If it is an app which is targeted for US market, you should go for IOS app development. If the app is target for Asia / Europe, You can go for both the Android & iOS app development. If you want to learn cross-platform app development you can consider learning of hybrid mobile development frameworks like Ionic, React native etc.

Nice trolling, but it is irrelevant to the original question. If the OP isn't just writing for themselves (in which case you obviously write for whatever platform you use) they will most likely want to write for whatever platform will make them most money. In which case "which has the larger user base for my app and what will they pay?" is the real question, not the sort of thing you are saying. And of course if they can write cross-platform that solves that one.

Back
Top Bottom