• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root is CM7 not compatible with SD maid pro?

So I've been running cyanogeon mod 7 rc1(whatever the most current build is) on my droid x2 for about a week now. I really like it. I figured out all the settings and got things to my liking without too much experimentation however, I cannot get SD maid to work properly. It hangs during the "checks" if it ever completes them. Sometimes it takes 10-15 minutes compete them , actually selecting "clean" takes even longer to finish. I have yet to complete a clean of the apps "if" I make it through the checks. It never force costs but I'll give it 20 minutes sometimes and then just cancel the whole thing. I think I began having this problem after up loading the "CM7 ver.3 mashable" build prop, from xda. Until that point I was able to clean no problem. Any suggestions or similar experiences? I know this room is unstable and unofficial so things like this should be expected.

I can't say that I know the program but a sure-fire way to test is to unfortunately start from scratch. I'm not sure what the point of the maid pro program is but generally speaking you should not need such programs to keep your phone running optimally. The android system and especially CM7 has built in functions to optimize the system continually. But anyway..

If you know it was working before installing the build prop I would do a reflash of CM7 and try it again. I have had no need for the build prop mods in CM7, only in CM 9.

Generally speaking going back to my first point if you approach it like a PC and that is to say don't load up with unnecessary programs, overload your home screens, etc. it should run just fine on its own. Sometimes a complete system wipe and installing all apps from scratch is a great option as well.

Success. I arrived arrived a solution. I re flashed the Rom and everything is working waaaay better . Although cyanogen mod is optimized to run efficiently the cm7 posted on xda is technically not an official build so it's still got votewuirks due to the kernel being locked. SD maid is is a powerful cleaning tool that runs great with this Rom and helps clean out gunk , after browsing the net, downloading stuff and then using a PlayStation emulator. Sometimes all that activity requires cleanup and sd maid is great. It comes highly recommended so check it out on Google if you haven't. With all things consider d I Know everyone's got their personal preferences with apps and such, I'm by no means trying to tout myself as an expert but maybe drop a tip. Thanks for your help and making this community awesome coolpoete !

Back