• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is insurance worth it?

GAMESHARQ

Android Enthusiast
I have the option to pay $5 per month and if anything goes wrong with my phone, I can get a replacement. But I also have to pay a deductible.

Is anyone here paying for insurance? Do you think it's worth it?

From the price, sounds like you're getting SAFEWARE which is a well-established insurance provider with a good rep. They want a $50 deductible for the replacement, and all of that is a much better deal than the Sprint insurance deal.

Second party insurers may be a better deal for some, but keep in mind that TEP offers a few additional features like free in store repair. It isn't as simple as comparing monthly cost and deductible alone. Also be aware that yearly plans are usually not refundable or transferable so you may end up covering a device you no longer own. Another thing many don't check is that they may already be covered via homeowners or apartment dweller insurance. Be aware of the replacement value for your phone (check periodically), if you can buy one on ebay for near the deductible cost, you probably should not be buying insurance for it at all.

From the price, sounds like you're getting SAFEWARE which is a well-established insurance provider with a good rep. They want a $50 deductible for the replacement, and all of that is a much better deal than the Sprint insurance deal.

Sprint has recently removed the deductable. I found this after a truck (mine) ran over my phone.

Back
Top Bottom