• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is my Mytouch 4g the old verison??

phonelove

Lurker
I was youtubing some video on my
Mytouch 4g and I noticed this girl
was talking about hers, and she was looking through it and
she clicked on the Software and it said
ANDROID VERSION 2.3.5
Im like WTF mine says 2.2.1,
anyways am I running an old version?
And if so can anyone help me, I was the newer one
PPLEASE!!!!​

Yes. That is the older version of Android in your phone. Go or call your nearest T-Mobile corporate store (not authorized retailer) and have your phone upgraded. Surely you missed the OTA update.

Yes. That is the older version of Android in your phone. Go or call your nearest T-Mobile corporate store (not authorized retailer) and have your phone upgraded. Surely you missed the OTA update.

You can't go to T-Mo and ask them to upgrade your phone in the store. It is now all over the air (OTA) and *supposedly* you will get a text message instructing you how to do it.

I waited for the first OTA (last year) and it never happened. I then went to the store and the said that they stopped doing it and now there is a *newer* update coming. After another 2 months of waiting that text message still never arrived. So I took matters into my own hands and I have now gone with a custom ROM.

You could trying to call customer support and verify you are on the *list*.

Good luck

Yes I have the same problem. I have this phone but have 2.2.1. my contract ends on March 5th but I want to keep this phone because I like it and go with Tmobile no contract service. I just want the latest android.

Back
Top Bottom