• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is poor wifi a potential issue?

Dex

Android Enthusiast
I've had my Nexus for some time and over time the WiFi connection has become very unstable. I've tried several ROMs and kernels and the issue remains the same.

I have issues downloading just about anything. I am constantly greeted with a "No Connection. Retry" screen when trying to access the Play Store. Anything that requires a download larger than about 10mb stalls and will not resume. My browser occasionally times out.

I've tried my best to troubleshoot the problem with my available resources, but I'm baffled. I have ruled out my WiFi connection, because I have issues at my parent's house and at work as well.

After working my way through just about every ROM and kernel I could find and wanted to even run (Stock Rooted, Paradigm, Xenon, Paranoid Android, AOKP nightly, motley kernel, faux kernel, Trinity kernel, ROM-specific kernels) I still don't have a resolution.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any tips as to what I might be able to do?

You might install something like Wifi Analyzer on your N7 and another android phone or tablet. Check out the signal to your network with the N7. Lots of good info in the app. Then see how the signals look on the other device. If there are big differences, maybe you have a faulty antenna/radio?

You might install something like Wifi Analyzer on your N7 and another android phone or tablet. Check out the signal to your network with the N7. Lots of good info in the app. Then see how the signals look on the other device. If there are big differences, maybe you have a faulty antenna/radio?

I noticed that all day my Galaxy Nexus was able to download all of the things that my Nexus 7 could not. I actually gave this a shot earlier and changed my channel based on the recommendation of the app. My router won't change to 14, but 10 seemed to be preferred by both devices.

Back
Top Bottom