• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help is there a fix for the bad auto screen brightness?

gale65

Android Enthusiast
Even when the surrounding light stays exactly the same, my phone will suddenly go blindingly bright and then after a few minutes, will finally re-adjust to the correct brightness. This has always happened since I got it and from reading it looks like it's a common issue. I was just hoping there's an app or something else that can fix it because it's giving me headaches. The last couple of days it seems to be worse than ever.

I'm pretty sure you need root to fully adjust the auto brightness settings, though I think this app offers some non root functionality: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vitocassisi.luxlite
Not sure how far you can take it without root though.

There's also the option of just setting a manual brightness... Obviously that won't auto adjust, but it will prevent the random adjustments you are getting while sitting in a room with consistent lighting.

thanks-I know how to adjust the brightness myself. I just don't want to have to readjust it for every lighting situation. That's what auto is for and I was hoping something would fix or improve it.

My phone is rooted so I'll try to find out how to adjust auto brightness (but it's the auto part that isn't working right so I don't know that adjusting will help) and I'll check out that app. thanks!

thanks-I know how to adjust the brightness myself. I just don't want to have to readjust it for every lighting situation. That's what auto is for and I was hoping something would fix or improve it.

My phone is rooted so I'll try to find out how to adjust auto brightness (but it's the auto part that isn't working right so I don't know that adjusting will help) and I'll check out that app. thanks!

Franco kernel seemed to improve my autobright functionality. Don't know how you feel about flashing kernels. It has been a while, but I'm pretty sure it was Franco and not my ROM. Not that I'm trying to send this thread to the ATR forum.

Back