• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there a launcher that's fully compatible with crapware-loaded Go Launcher?

fightingirish

Decided to take the plunge and start updating my Go apps today. Was hesitant since the Go folks have gotten kinda nasty with push ads, promo texts and ridiculous pimping for their other apps and services. Did Go Launcher first and I'm sorry I did. Now I've got two new apps in addition to Go Launcher. Both apps, App Center and Game Zone, are Google Play clones. I guess they would be okay if I could download directly from the apps, but all they do is open up the pages in Play. And to top it off, they also do push notifications! And I did not authorize these apps, and Go does not tell anyone that they do this.

I'm getting a bit fed up with all this tacky pimping by the Go people. They make great apps, but is all this spam and clutter really worth it? Are there any competing launchers that can use Go themes?

ADW can use some Go themes, too.

I played with GoSMS for a bit, and found that one of the skins/themes also had push ads.

Back
Top Bottom