• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

is there a simple voice wakeup?

Gaia

Hi
is there a simple and light app to find my phone ?

for example just record a voice word , and if i can't find it , just "shout" for example "phone" and have the phone ringing

thanks

Both of these allow you to ring the phone from a command on a website ...

Android Device Manager – free – remotely track your phone if lost or stolen – remote Factory Data Reset
Android Device Manager (Android) – enable capability on device
Android Device Manager (Website) – control device from website
Cerberus – paid – remotely track your phone if lost or stolen – remote Factory Data Reset – remote take picture
Cerberus (Android) – enable capability on device
Cerberus (Website) – control device from website

... Thom

Both of these allow you to ring the phone from a command on a website ...

Android Device Manager – free – remotely track your phone if lost or stolen – remote Factory Data Reset
Android Device Manager (Android) – enable capability on device
Android Device Manager (Website) – control device from website
Cerberus – paid – remotely track your phone if lost or stolen – remote Factory Data Reset – remote take picture
Cerberus (Android) – enable capability on device
Cerberus (Website) – control device from website

... Thom
thanks Thom
i thought something like this

Always-listening voice recognition really needs to be implemented in a phone's hardware for it to function without a significant battery hit. Many recent Nexus devices, for instance, support the "OK Google" hotword even while the screen is off. With those, you could theoretically shout from across the room and hear it beep to indicate it's ready to listen to a command. I may try that when I get home - I'm sure my wife will love it!

If you're looking for a pure software approach, however, I haven't played with any that I could really recommend. Without dedicated hardware to be able to listen for the hotword without keeping the rest of the system awake your phone's battery would likely be dead before you found it.

I can do the same thing with the Droid Turbo and Droid Turbo 2. They have touchless control and are always listening for the launch phrase. Some hardware is dedicated to listening.

Mine is OK Turbo".

So "OK Turbo Find My Phone" will loop playing a sound from the phone until the screen is tapped.

... Thom

Back
Top Bottom