• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there a Tasker profile to disable the security lock when docked?

mcoomer

I've got a profile to silence the phone when docked at night so that only selected contacts ring through, and a simpler one that starts Pandora when I plug in my headphones. Now for something else.

Is it possible to build a profile that will disable the lock screen and security pattern when the phone is placed in a dock? I use a multimedia dock at my bedside and have a vehicle dock and find it annoying that I have to slide the security lock and put in my security pattern before I can use the phone at my bedside or in the truck, particularly when I'm driving. I'd like to build a profile that either overrides the security timer or turns off the lock screen and security pattern whenever the phone is docked.

Can this be done? Phone is un-rooted Droid X.

Thanks,
Mike

I've got a profile to silence the phone when docked at night so that only selected contacts ring through, and a simpler one that starts Pandora when I plug in my headphones. Now for something else.

Is it possible to build a profile that will disable the lock screen and security pattern when the phone is placed in a dock? I use a multimedia dock at my bedside and have a vehicle dock and find it annoying that I have to slide the security lock and put in my security pattern before I can use the phone at my bedside or in the truck, particularly when I'm driving. I'd like to build a profile that either overrides the security timer or turns off the lock screen and security pattern whenever the phone is docked.

Can this be done? Phone is un-rooted Droid X.

Thanks,
Mike

Should be, method depends on if you are running Gingerbread or Froyo (Gingerbread changed the access method..

On my stock Atrix (2.2 Grrr) I use Set Keyguard off to disable the Fingerprint scanner lock.
When I had my Nexus One (stock, 2.3.3) I used the paid plugin Locale Password Lock (by Willem Stoker) to disable my PIN lock. He also has a Pattern plugin that should (I presume) work for you; if you hit problems with it I've found him very responsive to bugs in the past.

HTH

Turned out to be very simple on the Droid X. When docked (any dock) set keyguard off. Exit task set to turn on keyguard when exiting dock mode. Works like a charm. Now, I can exit the vehicle or multimedia dock app and end up on the homescreen. Pushing the home button returns me to the dock app.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom