• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

is there a way to change answer call button icon ?

Gaia

Jun 22, 2015
hi

is there a way to change answer call button icon ? for example like iphone 6 icons

i would like to change the slide like the screenshot

can i do it ?
i own a galaxy s3

thanks
cou-tweak1.png

What you need to change is the phone app. Not the dialer, but the phone app (it's not the same thing). The phone app cannot be changed unless the device is rooted.

If the device is rooted, you have two options:
1. Install a custom phone app
2. Modify the existing app

Option 1 is extremely risky. The phone app must be very precisely tailored to your particular device, because it works at a very low level. It works directly with the radio hardware of your phone. It must be a perfect match for your hardware. Even a phone app from another S3 may not be 100% compatible with your phone, unless it's the same model number.
Option 2 means extracting the app from the phone, unpacking it, modifying it to suit your needs, then signing, packing and uploading it back. I guess it's not impossible, but you need to know exactly what you're doing. It's not an amateur job.

Upvote 0
What you need to change is the phone app. Not the dialer, but the phone app (it's not the same thing). The phone app cannot be changed unless the device is rooted.

If the device is rooted, you have two options:
1. Install a custom phone app
2. Modify the existing app

Option 1 is extremely risky. The phone app must be very precisely tailored to your particular device, because it works at a very low level. It works directly with the radio hardware of your phone. It must be a perfect match for your hardware. Even a phone app from another S3 may not be 100% compatible with your phone, unless it's the same model number.
Option 2 means extracting the app from the phone, unpacking it, modifying it to suit your needs, then signing, packing and uploading it back. I guess it's not impossible, but you need to know exactly what you're doing. It's not an amateur job.

thanks Vlad
may i ask a question ?
does the launcher change the call button icon too ? like GO Launcher or
like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appx.one2.launcher and https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iphone.launcher.prank

Upvote 0
If you're talking about the icon of the dialer app on your home screen, then yes, some launchers can change that.
Are you trying to make it look like an iPhone? If so, then you may want to give iLauncher a try. I haven't tried it myself, but what I see in the pictures looks impressively close to iOS.
Hi Vlad
sometime i like to change "skin" , for example i read about the a microsoft phone lancher

but it's easy to uninstall the launcher , or could do a mess up ?

thanks Vlad

Upvote 0
It should be easy to uninstall if you don't like it.
You can also have multiple launchers installed and switch from one to the next whenever you feel like it. Just go to Settings, Defaults, clear the current setting, then when you press the Home button you'll be asked which launcher to use. Make that the new default, use it until you get bored, then repeat the procedure. :D

Reactions: Gaia
Upvote 0
It should be easy to uninstall if you don't like it.
You can also have multiple launchers installed and switch from one to the next whenever you feel like it. Just go to Settings, Defaults, clear the current setting, then when you press the Home button you'll be asked which launcher to use. Make that the new default, use it until you get bored, then repeat the procedure. :D
thanks
but the call button seems the same :(
seems that i Call screen Free + Dialer can do it
have you launcher ? does it change the call button ?
thanks Vlad!!!

Upvote 0
Many launchers will let you use icon packs or custom icons which change the desktop icon for the phone app, but that doesn't change the actual app.

(And you have a launcher too - all Android phones have one, as the launcher is the app that provides the desktop and app drawer. But unlike iOS you have the choice to install a different one if you prefer, or even have multiple launchers and swap between them).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones