• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is there an App / a method or such that can block all ads (using the entire display)?

Biffos

Android Enthusiast
Is there an App / a method or such that can block all ads (using the entire display) caused by each program?

Thank you.

I am just respectively since some hours trying AdAway, but that does not work at all, ads are shown further on. Does Adguard really prevent popping up each ad? Or only some of them?

That sounds great! I even didn't know such is available at all, Strange, 3,5 stars do not look that good actually.

I will intall it. Should I uninstall AdAway before?

Many thanks!

So I havve installed it now and chosen the Yandex browser and activated AdGuard. Does that App have to be open all the time now? Or does it work in the background without being open?

Oops, I have to manually downlaod such apk file and after install it. Is that right? There is ony an instruction up to Android 6 and not 8.

I have manually installed it now by clicking that apk file and after activate blocking for one's own data and activated the option about the data protection or such and some more. Hope, that was right.

The ads are still there. Within the Apps.

Last edited:
Contrary to what it may say, you don't need to use the yanex browser, Chrome works fine also.
Odd, it said there are two browers capable of doing...I do not remember anymore...what is necessary. Yanex and Samsunb browser.

Open adguard, choose activate, and done. It does not need to be open.
There were much more options it asked for.

There are settings within adguard that you must choose for blocking
Yes, should be activated.
So it says it uses a VPN, have I understand that right? So the download speed will be slower, I assume, or am I wrong?

The VPN is needed for blocking.
I've never noticed a speed difference with or without.
Adguard is my suggestion, if you feel that it isn't what you want, feel free to try others out there.
No root firewall, adblock, Netguard...

No no, I will keep on using it now, very good suggestion. If it just does what it should do without I am noticing it, it would be enough respectively very good..

Does it also block ads within Apps?

Oops, in this moment, the ads covering the entire display are still there, too.

In settings something like "Global Changes" or so AdGuard Protection is aktivated, Status is also activated. In the item settings of the three dots menu all is activated. Am I missing anything?

Yes yes, but why are the ads shown further on here?

Did you download Adguard from the playstore or from their website? If you got it from the playstore it is useless. If you look at the pics I included that should be the version, which is listed under about. And there are my settings. I don't get any full screen ads. The only reasons you would still be getting them is either the filter for what ever app is causing them isn't activated or there isn't one.

Edit- link to their website

https://adguard.com/en/adguard-android/overview.html

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190825-065533_AdGuard.jpg
    Screenshot_20190825-065533_AdGuard.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 265
  • Screenshot_20190825-065520_AdGuard.jpg
    Screenshot_20190825-065520_AdGuard.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 288
  • Screenshot_20190825-065502_AdGuard.jpg
    Screenshot_20190825-065502_AdGuard.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Many thanks!

If you got it from the playstore it is useless.
Why? That is a differnet version?

I downloaded it with the link offered by AdGuard (saying something like Google does not like such Apps that much or so), I assume, it was not the Play Ground and did what AdGuard says then. So I installed it manually.

The only reasons you would still be getting them is either the filter for what ever app is causing them isn't activated or there isn't one.
No filter for that app? So that could explain the ads further on?

I cannot find this display, how can I get there?...here they are:
k5dj4gW.png

1TLwDzY.png
i

0ZEog71.png

LTqkUAZ.png

oQq85ww.png

cvVdYbj.png

mRrLDJv.png

7sTkwmJ.png

UOawcPv.png

vCDoXpQ.png

FOACpFU.png

From the look of it they are from an app. Here are the filters I have on and if you go into settings-extensions turn on adguard extra. If you still get them you need to go down the list of apps you installed when it started happening and uninstall them one by one and see if the ads continue.

Edit by the way the reason mine looks slightly different is I have dark theme turned on.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190825-214812_AdGuard.jpg
    Screenshot_20190825-214812_AdGuard.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 235
  • Screenshot_20190825-214759_AdGuard.jpg
    Screenshot_20190825-214759_AdGuard.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 257
  • Screenshot_20190825-214750_AdGuard.jpg
    Screenshot_20190825-214750_AdGuard.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 267
  • Screenshot_20190825-214745_AdGuard.jpg
    Screenshot_20190825-214745_AdGuard.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 248
  • Screenshot_20190825-214740_AdGuard.jpg
    Screenshot_20190825-214740_AdGuard.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 239
  • Screenshot_20190825-214734_AdGuard.jpg
    Screenshot_20190825-214734_AdGuard.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 260
  • Screenshot_20190825-214725_AdGuard.jpg
    Screenshot_20190825-214725_AdGuard.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 225
From the look of it they are from an app.
Where else could they come from?

Block ads in all Apps is only available in "Premium", obviously. "Extensions" I cannot find here.

"Filters" settings are almost the same here as yours. All turned on besides of "Custom filters"., Premium

"Security" all items turned on, so the same as your ones.

FDJGYA6.png

mDuz6M1.png

rlHonUu.png

mRiyTJP.png

BvVZs5C.png

If you still get them you need to go down the list of apps you installed when it started happening and uninstall them one by one and see if the ads continue.
Might be hard to find. And then do not use the spam app anymore? There is no way to avoid showing ads from that app? So I would have to uninstall the programs in the Play Store? To sort the programs by last installed?

Extension settings should be under settings tab. Usually if Adguard still isn't working then it means yep go through the list and uninstall apps starting with the newest one. The cause is usually Adguard doesn't have a filter for it or it's a system app. So in short if turn on the setting in extension doesn't work. 1- uninstall mist recent app 2- check and see if the ads stop 3- if they don't repeat steps one and two until the ads stop.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190826-034759_AdGuard.jpg
    Screenshot_20190826-034759_AdGuard.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 241
The ads still there.

"Extensions", this? Premium obviously.
JNgZdXY.png

XUSy6ha.png

You have the Premium version, I assume.

So system apps might show ads? Very unfavorable.

1- uninstall mist recent app 2- check and see if the ads stop 3- if they don't repeat steps one and two until the ads stop.
And 4 or 3 a- reinstall the deinstalled apps after having find out they are not the cause. Is there a faster way than doing it like usual in that Google Play? May be, can one somehow keep a link or such of the app to be deinstalled for faster reinstalling?

Is there a method to recognize spam apps before installing?

Yep had premium for years. You should be able to go into settings on your phone and remove apps from there. If you're using play store there is a tab for all apps you have installed even if no longer installed and can reinstall from there. Also if you're using play store if you look at the app before you install it will say contains ads.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190826-151209_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20190826-151209_Google Play Store.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 224
  • Screenshot_20190826-151201_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20190826-151201_Google Play Store.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 227
Back
Top Bottom