• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there an app that can.....

....rename your WiFi connections?

i.e. change the name of your saved WiFi networks to whatever you want. e.g. change 'eircom1663 1xxx' to 'Home WiFi'.

This would be handy because i have a lot of saved WiFi networks and i never know which one is which.

Not that I'm aware of, but that doesn't mean one doesn't exist.

The best way to fix your problem would be to rename the SSID at the router. But then you'd have to setup the wifi connections again.

yeah that was just an example of what i wanted to do. its the networks that ive saved that i dont know that i want to change. if that makes any sense. lol.

I doubt it very much since the name displayed on your handset is the one broadcast by your wifi router.

Therefore if you wish to change the name displayed on your handset then you will need to change it on your wifi router.

I had a blackberry and it let me rename WiFi networks to anything I wanted. Miss that feature. I could name the WiFi at my girlfriends' house "Amber's House" But that didn't change the actual SSID, it just created a easy to recognize nickname on my phone.

I had a blackberry and it let me rename WiFi networks to anything I wanted. Miss that feature. I could name the WiFi at my girlfriends' house "Amber's House" But that didn't change the actual SSID, it just created a easy to recognize nickname on my phone.

thats exactly what im lookin for. if anyone finds anything please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom