• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there anyway to swap this phone with something in equal value?

k9rosie

I'm about done with this phone. It's obvious it's defective. One time, I head my phone play my ringtone and someone was calling me but nothing popped up. It froze and I missed a call from my MOTHER (she called on my home phone and asked why i didn't pick up, i just said that my phone was too slow to pick up). It's buggy and slow. I've already rooted once but that made it even slower by installing superuser and all that crap.

I'm also paying the $7 for the insurance
Also, superuser is still on there and I'm not rooted so I can't get rid of it, can I delete it from adb or DDT? I'm afraid that if they see su they won't swap it.

So is there a way I could file a complaint and swap this phone out?

Just flash a stock 2.1 .tar in SWupgrader. Make sure you delete the superuser app first and any ROMs that made an app a system app. Best of luck, and sorry this phone isn't something that works well for you.

I'm with you rosie. the phone is a peice of shit. I think I may take it in to the sprint store near me soon and see what they can do for me. Though i feel like all is lost since im outside of the 30 day exchange period

I'm with you rosie. the phone is a peice of shit. I think I may take it in to the sprint store near me soon and see what they can do for me. Though i feel like all is lost since im outside of the 30 day exchange period

Well if the phone is defective outside of the 30 day period they can still fix it. My phone went wouldnt turn on all it would do is sit at the samsung screen and i took it to them and they fixed it for FREE!!! ive had the phone for 3 months and it happened 3 days ago

At what does a carrier deem a phone to be defective or a lemon? Read the customer reviews on Sprints website of Tarnsform owners. It is the same litany of problems over and over with some customers already on their fifth, sixth, and seventh phone. All Sprint is doing is replacing a defective phone with another defective phone. They're just stringing you along and using up more of your two year contract with the replacements. At what point do they trade you into another phone. I need a phone that works and even the phone portion of the Transform is unreliable. Most states have car emon laws where the company has three chances to fix a problem and if they can not, they have to buy the car back. Anything similar for phones? I can't see having to use this phone for another 18 months.

The "best deal" I got from Sprint was replacing this phone with a refurbished BlackBerry that was selling at $29 but I had to extend my contract by the months I was into this contract. I turned down the deal because I wanted an Andorid phone.

Anyone have any luck getting Sprint to replace the Transform with another phone? Any strategies to use or someone to talk with?

You have to call Sprint and complain about your phone... There's this one branch that does anything to keep you as a customer on Sprint.. Idk which it is but you might be able to get an Optimus S... Don't bet on a 4G phone though lol

[TheAndroid];2719339 said:
Uhhhh that's pretty much impossible.

Not impossible, since that's exactly what drove me to trading mine in for the Epic. Although, I must admit, I never tried a 3rd party ROM, so maybe that would have solved some of my problems.

Not impossible, since that's exactly what drove me to trading mine in for the Epic. Although, I must admit, I never tried a 3rd party ROM, so maybe that would have solved some of my problems.

/facepalm
The point of rooting your phone is customizing it with a better kernel, root apps apps, and a better UI with more features and themes you enjoy. I'm stock with only Ultimate Kernel and I get no freeze ups.

[TheAndroid];2723099 said:
/facepalm
The point of rooting your phone is customizing it with a better kernel, root apps apps, and a better UI with more features and themes you enjoy. I'm stock with only Ultimate Kernel and I get no freeze ups.

I tried pretty much all the different kernels available as well as both vampiro's recovery and cwm recovery with ext4. The only thing I didn't do was flash a rom, which shouldn't have mattered. I used Titanium to freeze/uninstall Sprint bloatware, as well. The phone ran better and faster, but I could never track down what was causing it to vibrate for no reason (the dash, dot dot dot vibrate). If it weren't for that, I would have stayed with the phone.

I tried pretty much all the different kernels available as well as both vampiro's recovery and cwm recovery with ext4. The only thing I didn't do was flash a rom, which shouldn't have mattered. I used Titanium to freeze/uninstall Sprint bloatware, as well. The phone ran better and faster, but I could never track down what was causing it to vibrate for no reason (the dash, dot dot dot vibrate). If it weren't for that, I would have stayed with the phone.

Hardware bug, defective phone, you tell Sprint and get another is all.

[TheAndroid];2723741 said:

Sprint told me I had to bring the phone to a repair center to have it checked. So, I did (after flashing back to stock, of course). They told me there was nothing wrong with the phone. I was told the only thing they could do is swap it for a used/refurbished Transform. That's when I decided to trade the phone in and upgrade to the Epic.

"That's when I decided to trade the phone in and upgrade to the Epic."

I gave a few questions regarding the trade in.

1) How much did you pay?

2) Did you have to extend your contract?

3) If you were not paying the new $10 smartphone fee, did you have to now or did they give you a $10 monthly credit?

4) Was this at a Sprint store or a thrid party store?

I so want to get rid of my wife's and mine Transform as well.

"That's when I decided to trade the phone in and upgrade to the Epic."

I gave a few questions regarding the trade in.

1) How much did you pay?

2) Did you have to extend your contract?

3) If you were not paying the new $10 smartphone fee, did you have to now or did they give you a $10 monthly credit?

4) Was this at a Sprint store or a thrid party store?

I so want to get rid of my wife's and mine Transform as well.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-transform/332090-had-enough.html

[TheAndroid];2723741 said:

Ive already complained. got the transform 20 days ago and today another new one from Asurion. same exact thing vibrate on back button, sucks. i guess ill call and tell them again ,its terribly annoying as it backs me out of applications all the time. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom