• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

is z3 good or bad

I recently picked one up as my upgrade from Verizon. I did all the comparisons to other Phones. I picked this phone because of the 20.7 megapixel camera and HD video recording and to view videos in HD. This phone is amazing in both these departments.

The only downside to it is you are not able to surf the Internet and talk at the sametime but this I already knew and it doesn't matter to me. Overall the other functions are pretty basic and easy to use. I love this phone. My wife is also going to use her upgrade to get one also.
I hope this helps you.

Upvote 0
My wife was considering one a couple of months ago as an upgrade from an older Sony device. however neither of us seemed to like the screen. There was just something odd about the displays on all of them, especially when sat next to lg g3 and the Samsung s5... It might be subjective but see if you can have a look at one before you buy

Upvote 0
I forgot to point out that the battery life on this phone is excellent. I basically only charge it once a day. I unplug it around 1pm from the charger and don't plug it back up again until 6am the next morning and I still have 20% on my battery left.

My old phone would have needed to be charged twice sometimes even three times a day. I'm a truck driver so I do 11-12 hr shifts without a charge.

Reactions: psionandy
Upvote 0
It's a great device if you don't really care much about using custom ROMs etc. Currently no AOSP ROMs has a working camera and are forced to use the stacks from the Z1, creating the famous fish-eye bug. Hopefully Sony fixes the issue in their unified 3.10 kernel.

If you don't care about all that, and simply need the phone as is, it's perfect. No issues whatsoever, super smooth and amazing battery life.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones