• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Isn't it mandatory to download google-services.json file after updating SHA-1 and SHA-256 keys in fi

Syam Kishore

Lurker
Oct 21, 2021
I am using Firebase for notification purpose and using Google SSO in my app. Google SSO was working fine with debug and release apk generated from my machine. How ever it was not working in the app downloaded from playstore. Then I went to my Play Consoleaccount and copied SHA-1 and SHA-256 keys and added them in Firebase. Then Google SSOstarted working on Playstore Version as well. Even though I didn't download and update google-services.json file after updating the Playstore's SHA-1 and SHA-256, Playstoreversion is working good.

But when I updated Debug and Release key store's SHA-1 and SHA-256 keys, I had to download the updated google-services.json.

My doubt is, isn't it mandatory to download google-services.josn file after updating SHA-1 and SHA-256 keys in firebase.?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones