• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root issue flashing recovery image on dell streak

Edit: *Issue resolved*
Ok, so I recently bought a used dell streak off of a friend, and although I like it, I don't like dell's ROM, so my main goal is to install a custom rom.(Specifically, streakdroid 2.0.0). I was able to root my phone, however I am having issues flashing the recovery image,to get to installing the custom rom. I have tried using rom manager to install clockwork, and when I do it says it installs fine, but when I tell it to reboot into clockwork, the phone just boots up normally into android.When I boot using power + vol up + vol down, it just boots into the stock recovery image. I have also tried using fastboot to flash the recovery image using the clockwork recovery image for the dell streak. The command line says the flash was completed, yet again when I boot into the recovery image it is still the dell streak stock recovery image. I have spent several hours looking how to fix it, and can't find anyone with this problem on the dell streak. I have also tried to find a way to install a custom ROM without using a recovery image, but haven't been able to do that either. Any help at all would be greatly, greatly appreciated, even a possible tip to point me in the right direction. I have spent some time tinkering around, trying to get this figured out, but just feel like I've hit a brick wall.
For some more info about my phone, I do believe that it might be a corporate edition, I don't know if that would effect anything or not, the other details are as follows:

Model Number : Dell Streak
Android version: 2.2.2
Baseband version: GAUSB1A135100-US
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-perf
OEM Version: GAUSB1A135100
Build number : 15609

in order to get custom recovery to stick -- you need to do the following:

once device is rooted, use either root explorer or file expert (w root enabled) and navigate to /system/etc and rename install-recovery.sh to, for example, __install-recovery.sh. otherwise, EVERY TIME you reboot your device, the custom recovery will be over-written, thereby preventing you from installing a custom ROM (and, FYI, StreadDroid v1.9 is still the most stable ROM out there - especially if you're one of the few who like/want to use Dell's Stage UI. it FC's in v1.9.1; and has been removed from StreakDroid5 2.0).

once you've done this, use fastboot [search XDA] to install stockmod recovery (I used 0.3.2.8). then, enter recovery by holding down VOL + / VOL - while pressing power (release power once back lights come on). select 2nd option, and from there the custom ROM zip file.

incidentally, rooting this device can be a b!tch - and, for me personally, all versions of Super One Click FAILED! (1.5.5 worked once; but after I went back to stock, 1.5.5, 1.7.1 & 1.9.5 failed) . in the end, I used [an app called] GingerBreak v1.2.

[hope this helps]

ok how do we root the streak with the following info...

Model Number : Dell Streak
Android version: 2.2.2
Baseband version: GAUSB1A135100-EU
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-perf
OEM Version: GAUSB1A135100
Build number : 15609

I know that we can root 2.2.1..is it the same for 2.2.2

Back
Top Bottom