• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issues after 1.6 to 2.2 At&t update

nb_mitch

Android Enthusiast
I have 4 issues after the update and removing all the bloatware (I could not remove much considering one of my issues).

Overall, I am happy with the update, my battery life is much longer, the keyboard is more accurate and more responsive, it has locked up and rebooted a few times, but nothing horrible. I think once I get use to it, life will be good.

I will list my issues is my order of importance:

1. 3g toggle gone. I normally only turn on 3g when I need it, since I am on the 200MB plan, which was simple with 1.6 but I really don't see that same option in 2.2. I guess I need an App to toggle the 3G, haven't found one that works yet.

2. Lost Music - All my songs I have loaded still show up if I look at it from a file manager, but the Music app (and a 3rd party app) only see 1 song out of a couple hundred.

3. Root - I had my device rooted, but I lost that and therefore can't remove allot of bloatware. I used Universal_Root before, but it isn't working.

4. Home - I had a different background for my 3 home pages before, now it uses only 1 and it doesn't really fit right in horizontal mode. I also only want 3 home pages, not 7, I am constantly scrolling to a blank page. Last, the horizontal home pages don't fit right, so I see data from the side pages too.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

okay did an update last night, backed up the phone as it said...my contacts are not linked to a gmail account...cant find all my contacts....not happy with the new update...the social link for Facebook...gives me error...so I want to have my phone back the way it was....yes there is good things about the update, but not having my contacts out weigh any positive...thing on the phone....

Have you tried to restore it back to 1.6?

For me, I use to have all my contacts in Yahoo, but Yahoo doesn't sync real well with Android, so I exported them to Google and then synced my 2 android devices I have had to Google. I must say it is great, real easy, real-time sync, didn't even have to try.

It has a Facebook homepage widget/app, I don't know how it works, I deleted all the crapware I could.

Overall, I am much happier with 2.2, it took about a day to get all my home pages the way I wanted, I downloaded my music again and that is now good, the battery life is great, I have gone 2 days without a charge and before I could barely make it through a day. Swype is great, I like the phone App better, most things are better.

Of my original 4 issues, I still don't have root back, still don't like that I can't delete the blank home pages but seem to have fixed the 3G toggle issue with an App and fixed my music, so I am 2 for 4.

Have you tried to restore it back to 1.6?

Of my original 4 issues, I still don't have root back, still don't like that I can't delete the blank home pages but seem to have fixed the 3G toggle issue with an App and fixed my music, so I am 2 for 4.

I'm playing around with ADW.Launchder and LauncherPro and they let you add/delete home screens but in landscape the launcher seems to be locked to the right edge. Maybe the paid versions are more configurable (and will let you do the multiple wallpapers thing), don't know.

What app did you find to toggle 3G? I still have this issue. thanks!!

I have settled on "Toggle net switch widget". Only negative is as a widget it takes up 2 spots on the home page, but is exactly as advertise. Toggles the 3G & Wifi on/off. I tried about 4 others and couldn't get them to work even they they claimed to have allot of features.

Now my only missing item after 2.2 Upgrade is Root. While it would be nice to eliminate the crapware, it also isn't a deal breaker at this time.

I just upgraded my Dell Streak from 1.6 to 2.2 and had a backup from 1.6 Dell PC Suite on my desktop, but after upgrading to 2.2 I cannot backup my phone book or any data from the desktop computer. I called Dell and everyone was different, finally one guy wanted to help but could not. Now I have to buy another phone with 1.6 and then copy the data to the phone and then upgrade to 2.2... Is there anyway that someone could suggest whether I could downgrade from 2.2 to 1.6 version again or import the data backup from 1.6 Dell PC Suite to 2.2 version of my phone?
I had 3700 contacts saved with notes.. I am stuck and need immediate help...

I just upgraded my Dell Streak from 1.6 to 2.2 and had a backup from 1.6 Dell PC Suite on my desktop, but after upgrading to 2.2 I cannot backup my phone book or any data from the desktop computer.
I have always had issues with the PC Suite seeing my device, it works about 1 out of 10 times, so I don't use it. As far as contacts go, my contacts are on on the gmail account and I never lost anything during the upgrade (other than music but that was fixed with an App).

Not sure how you got your 1700 contacts on the device to begin with if it wasn't via gmail sync. I never used gmail before, all my info was in Yahoo, but I exported them to gmail and then the sync to the device was automatic and OTA, it was almost magic :D

My Dell Streak 5 was 52% updating from 1.6 to 2.2 when ny screen went black then the message "WE ARE SORRY KERNEL ERROR...." i stopped the update,

Anyone got a workaround.?

UPDATE: I have redownloaded 2.2 from the Dell.com notice link sent to my Streak 1.6 and all is well I am currently responding from my 2.2 updated Streak! Love the new keyboard!

After I updated the stock music player only recognized on song of about 15 albums downloaded. So I installed an app called Power/Amp. I am still on the free version, but it recognizes everything so far.

okay did an update last night, backed up the phone as it said...my contacts are not linked to a gmail account...cant find all my contacts....not happy with the new update...the social link for Facebook...gives me error...so I want to have my phone back the way it was....yes there is good things about the update, but not having my contacts out weigh any positive...thing on the phone....

im sorry but this is dumb. When using android you should always save contacts to google. if they're not on google transfer them over from whatever client you have. Have you ever thought if you lost phone all your contacts would be gone? That's why you save them on the cloud.

Best thing to do at this point is log onto your wireless account and re enter inf from your call detail page and your sms and multimedia transfers. At least youll have some of your contacts rebuilt.

Back
Top Bottom