• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Issues installing new ROM

Currently I am trying to install the LibertyV3 ROM onto my X2. Gingerbread 2.3.4 is installed. I tried flashing the ROM through ROM Manager; however instead of booting into recovery mode, my phone just restarts. No install. Am I doing something wrong? I followed the sets Liberty states on rootzwiki.
Any advice?

First of all, may I have the link for the liberty ROM, preferrably the most up-to-date version?

Secondly, as I recall ROM manager does not work with the DX2. I'm sure scur will be on here later and confirm that. If you follow the developer's instructions word for word you won't run into any problems.

1) be on stock 2.3.4
2) install clockworkmod
3) create a backup
4) confirm that the backup was created successfully
5) boot into cwm
6) wipe data/cache (both wipe options)
7) apply sd card zip
8) install the zip
9) reboot your phone and if all goes well you'll be running the liberty mod.

I've been wanting to try the liberty ROM myself;however, I can't find a link with the most up-to-date version. I'd like to try it so compared it to the molten v2.3 rom. After reading the instruction on the CM7 rom, I decided I'm now that knowledgeable yet, so I'll stick with simple flashing roms.

Hmm everything should be in the link I provided. I have heard that some of the file share sites have been shut down so that could be an issue. Check through the last few posts to see if there are any updates. When I'm not at work ill look into it some more

RootzWiki is where the first updates for Liberty will be seen. And if you installed the original Bootstrap (you ran the Bootstrap.apk to install System Recovery app, plugged your phone into your wall outlet, not USB or car charger, ran System Recovery app, chose install, then chose recovery mode, right?) and it's not working, I would delete the System Recovry app, redownload Bootstrap, and reinstall. If it doesn't work for someone, it's always been a user error or bad download so far.
And yeah, ROM Manager works great on some phones, but not the X2.

Here the link I used to download liberty. [Rom] Liberty3 For The Droid X2 11/08 - Its Time For A Revolution! - RootzWiki. I think this is the most up-to-date version.
That is the link i've tried many times and when I click the download button I only receive a "server not found error." Oh well, about 30 minutes later from posting that I decided to update to 2.3.5 and flash the 2.0.2 eclipse rom and I am liking it more than my previous rom, which was molten.

I had this same issue before. Delete everything as stated about and start over. My head was in the clouds when I was trying to install boot strap and I connected my phone into the USB cord rather than the AC CHARGER. I simply fixed the issue and re-installed and followed the 4 steps after the file was installed and it's working fine.

Also, be sure to double check to make sure you have the right bootstrap file.

Back