• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ISSUES WITH GROUP TEXT MESSAGES

LONDON

Lurker
I checked the default to receive group text message as a single message. My co-workers and I often communicate work functions via group text. Three of them have IPhones two have Samsung . With my IP hone I'm able to see who's all on the group text and also be able to response indiviually . I'm very disappointed MY DEVICE IS SAMSUNG GALAXY PREVAIL LTE CARRIER IS BOOST . MY IDEA WAS TO SAVING MONEY AND GO TO PREPAID HOPING NOT TO LOOSE QUALITY.

Last edited:
Are you using the stock SMS app? Try using a different client; Hangouts, Google Messenger, Textra all work well.

iPhones just never like to text nice to anything.

It's OK to change it, no harm done. There are a lot of apps available, it's just a matter of finding one you like and that works well for you.

Just set whichever you want as the default and adjust the settings.

I'm currently using Hangouts, for me it seems to work the best. I had good luck with Textra as well.

I checked the default to receive group text message as a single message. My co-workers and I often communicate work functions via group text. Three of them have IPhones two have Samsung . With my IP hone I'm able to see who's all on the group text and also be able to response indiviually . I'm very disappointed MY DEVICE IS SAMSUNG GALAXY PREVAIL LTE CARRIER IS BOOST . MY IDEA WAS TO SAVING MONEY AND GO TO PREPAID HOPING NOT TO LOOSE QUALITY.

You can use your iPhone on pre-paid can't you? Thing with iMessage and all that it offers, which is what you were using, is proprietary to Apple only.

It's OK to change it, no harm done. There are a lot of apps available, it's just a matter of finding one you like and that works well for you.

I'm currently using Hangouts, for me it seems to work the best. I had good luck with Textra as well.

Thanks, I'll give hangout a try

You can use your iPhone on pre-paid can't you? Thing with iMessage and all that it offers, which is what you were using, is proprietary to Apple only.
I was
I was told NO, Because IPhone don't use a sim card.

Back
Top Bottom