• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issues with LTE

thebug426

Lurker
Hi everyone!

Just got the LG Volt, huge upgrade over my old EVO. I live just outside of Chicago, and most of the time my phone shows has having great Spark reception, however it constantly seems like it has no service. 3G works great, but the Spark is really hit or miss. Once I take it off of WiFi or turn data off/on it will work for a bit, then it stops. It always shows as having full (or mostly full) bars.

Any suggestions? I have updated PRL and Profile numerous times.

I've also seen odddities with LTE. Standing in Brooklyn, which should have great Spark coverage, my phone kept flipping to 3G. If I turned airplane mode on and off, it would first lock onto LTE, then flip back to 3G.

Mine won't flip to 3G though...it just stays on Spark and looks like it has service. But when I try to do anything (send a SMS, check facebook, go on chrome, etc) nothing works. Very frustrating to say the least...

I'm from Aurora, I haven't really noticed any problems but I'll look for them. I only get ~10mbps around here. Haven't really experienced any problems but android 4.4.3 was just released and was supposed to fix some 4g problems. Hopefully we get the update too, and soon.

I just tweak the radio settings so it is strictly 4G and or 3G, if 4G is horrid, I just force the radio over to 3G and never have severe battery drain from temperamental network hiccups.

Back
Top Bottom