• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help It Won't Charge!!!

DDG

I bought our 2nd Tab in mid April. It won't charge any more. We tried using our other chargers. After 10 hours, its only at 50% (it was turned off while charging).

I have to send it to the service center for repairs. They estimate 3 week turn around.

Interesting that this issue is not mentioned here. I've found it discussed in several other sites. Sounds like a problem many are experiencing.

Too bad. We like the thing when it is working.

How far are you allowing it to discharge? (Discharging it too deeply too often can kill the battery. So can running it when you first get it with an unconditioned battery.)

I've read on other sties that letting the battery completely discharge can create problems. At least while we had it, that never happened. It arrived with 50% charge on it and was put on a charger not too long after initial set up.

UPDATE: Sent the Tab to Plano TX for two weeks to fix the charging issue. Samsung sent it back claiming that it is fixed. After two weeks, back to the same exact issue. They want me to send it back, again. After 45 minutes on the phone, they insist that I send it back and let them try to fix the problem a 2nd time. They refuse to exchange it without a minimum of two repair attempts for the same issue.

I have two exact Tab 3's bought 5 months apart. The older one is working perfectly. So I know they can build them properly, at least some times.

FYI - I talked to the Best Buy store I purchased this. Like most electronics, they won't help. I have to deal with Samsung directly. What is the point of going to a brick and mortar store if they can't provide any recourse when the product is defective?

Very poor customer service from both Best Buy and Samsung.

Back
Top Bottom