• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

J3 Message sound notify not working

Ranger93

Lurker
I have a Galaxy J3 Orbit. I do not get a notification when a message arives. I have gone thru all the settings and every notification option is set to on.I get the messages but no notification sound or vibration even though both are toggled "on" in the settings. This seems to have started only a few weeks ago but I did not make any changes.

This is an old device.
Most likely your carrier has changed technology and a device of this age is no longer compatible.

Contact your carrier to confirm.

You may very well be eligible for a free upgrade to a modern device if I am correct in my assumptions.

Are other apps having similar Notification sound/vibrate problems or is this just happening with the messages app? Also, what text messaging app are you using? (i.e. the default text messaging app that came with your phone or one that you've installed).

You referred to confirming the Settings menu options look OK but have you looked into the messaging app too? Wipe the app's cache? Check any options that might be in the app's Settings menu?

This is an old device.
Most likely your carrier has changed technology and a device of this age is no longer compatible.

Contact your carrier to confirm.

You may very well be eligible for a free upgrade to a modern device if I am correct in my assumptions.

My wife has the exact same phone and her tex message notification works perfectly. I compared the setting on the 2 phones and all the notification settings are the same. Is there one I might have missed?

My wife has the exact same phone and her tex message notification works perfectly. I compared the setting on the 2 phones and all the notification settings are the same. Is there one I might have missed?

Back
Top Bottom