• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

J5 storage problems and voicemail alerts

Hi,

My J5, it's running out of storage, I only have a couple of apps on it and the images and videos that were on there have been transferred across to my PC. I have put a 4gb micro SD into the back of it but even that seems pointless, I can't transfer apps (or install apps) onto it. Is the phone like this for everyone? Surely this isn't right?
Also, I have not setup voicemails on my J5 but there is an alert for a voicemail that I just can't remove or delete, how do I remove voicemail alerts?

Cheers,

Happy Christmas.

Ginger_Overlord

It's pretty crap isn't it? I have the same problem.

On some phones you can on format the sd card as internal storage but not the J5 (seem my November post).

The only real solution seems to be to root it and use something like Link2SD to shift apps to the external storage.

Alternatively, if you are uneasy about rooting you can transfer the storage some apps use to the sd card. In Settings, if you slect the App in the App Manager then select the Storage option you will see whether that App provides an sd storage option. Shift everything possible to the card.

Also you cannot remove the bloatwatre but you can select all the apps you will never use like Microsoft Word and Excel and Dissable them. That seems to free up some storage.

At present I have less than 90% of my internal storage used so That's as good as it gets. I am seriously looking at rooting but am a bit nervous about taking the leap. To paraphrase your comment, "why do Smasung push their customers into finding rooting is the only way to make the phone useful?"

Hi David,

Sorry for my late reply.

Yeah, seriously thinking about rooting the phone now as I'm all out of ideas when it comes to storage. I'll let you know how I get on :)

Cheers for the suggestion. Happy Christmas.

Regards,

Ginger_Overlord

Back
Top Bottom