• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

January update rolling out

ironass

Extreme Android User
Samsung's 4th Android 13 update has started to roll out for the Fold4 international devices, F936B.***

Build number = F936BXXS1BWA2

Build date = 06 January 2023

Android Security patch = 01 January 2023

Download size = 326.08MB

Camera version = 13.0.01.17

It is a FOTA, (Firmware Over The Air), update and you can check... Settings > Software update... to see if it is available for you. Alternatively, you can connect to the Samsung PC suite, Smart Switch and check via that.

Software information

8Qt4o3bl.jpg

See, also... Wipe Cache Partition, Repair apps & Galaxy App Booster

*** Also released for the U.S. unlocked model, F936U1. See post #3, onwards.

Last edited:
It looks as though the patience of the U.S. users on their unlocked devices, F936U1, has finally been rewarded with the following CSC codes receiving this latest BWA2 January update...
  • TMB = T-Mobile (USA)
  • TFN = Tracfone
  • XAG = USA
  • TMK = MetroPCS

Last edited:
More releases for the U.S.A. unlocked devices, F936U1, on the following CSC codes...
  • ATT = AT&T
  • USC = US Cellular
  • LRA = Bluegrass Cellular
  • AIO = Cricket Wireless
  • ACG = Nextech/C-Spire

More releases for the January update, BWA2, in Europe and Asia including 3 for the U.K. on the following CSC codes...
  • EVR = U.K. EE
  • BTE = U.K.
  • BTB = U.K.
Also the locked U.S. phones, F936U, for...
  • VZW = Verizon
  • TMB = T-Mobile (USA)
  • TMK = MetroPCS

Last edited:
More releases for the January update, BWA2, in Europe on the following CSC codes...
  • SIM = Slovenia
  • MOB = Austria
  • O2C = Czechia
  • SWC = Switzerland
  • VIP = Croatia

Please post update news in the Update Thread - that way, the forum won't get cluttered up with so many old threads about updates from long ago. Thanks!

Please post update news in the Update Thread - that way, the forum won't get cluttered up with so many old threads about updates from long ago. Thanks!
As I explained in your update thread, to have one long continuous thread for all updates for all versions of phone makes makes it impossible to keep track of the various updates and issues which may or may not apply to all devices. I cannot see any compelling reason to lump every update in to one long thread and will therefore, respectfully, continue to post new updates in new threads to enable users to quickly locate a specific update and any information pertaining to it. Should the Mod's disagree with me, I am sure they will contact me. ;)

As I explained in your update thread, to have one long continuous thread for all updates for all versions of phone makes makes it impossible to keep track of the various updates and issues which may or may not apply to all devices. I cannot see any compelling reason to lump every update in to one long thread and will therefore, respectfully, continue to post new updates in new threads to enable users to quickly locate a specific update and any information pertaining to it. Should the Mod's disagree with me, I am sure they will contact me. ;)
I have to agree with @ironass, each update has its own quirks and discussions and should be treated as an individual discussion. Carry on. :)

More releases for the U.S.A. unlocked devices, F936U1, on the following CSC codes...
  • CCT = Xfinity Mobile (Comcast)
  • CHA = Spectrum Mobile (Charter)
  • VZW = Verizon
  • XAA = USA unbranded
  • XAR = Cellular South

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom