• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help JB Updates?

monicakm

Android Enthusiast
I haven't even had my smart phone for a year so I'm relatively new to the world of these hand held computers :) Installed JB a couple weeks ago. NOT a happy camper! Question: will there likely be an update(s) for this OS. Or do they just wait till the next OS version (key lime pie?)
Thanks,
Monica

Did you do a Factory Data Reset after the update? There is no direct proof but the more you read in these forums ... those who didn't do a Factory Data Reset seem to be the ones reporting unhappiness with the update.

If you have never done a Factory Data Reset ... be warned it can be devastating ... do some research and ask some questions first.

... Thom

Did you do a Factory Data Reset after the update? There is no direct proof but the more you read in these forums ... those who didn't do a Factory Data Reset seem to be the ones reporting unhappiness with the update.

If you have never done a Factory Data Reset ... be warned it can be devastating ... do some research and ask some questions first.

... Thom
actually it is not that big a deal, you can back up all your contacts, back up all your apps (not data) which you can restore with one click either with a app back up & restore or astro manager, both free at play store. You can't back up your settings, so those will take some time, you can back up your text messages with SMS backup & restore, also from play store. if your phone is rooted, you can get titanium pro and back up everything, apps, data, settings, etc and restore after FDS by just installing titanium pro and going to restore (you can pick & choose what to restore or restore everything). Titanium pro is a terrific app and developer is great!

I agree with everything you said.

Prior to ICS I resisted it strongly. For the production releases of major system upgrades I believe you should do a Factory Data Reset as soon as convenient after doing the upgrade.

While you are worrying about all the stuff you have to recreate or backup and then restore consider this ... it is a readily stealable device. What would you do if someone walked off with it today?

You need to have a backup of everything you care about anyway. If there is any data on the phone that you don't want in the hands of your worst enemy I have to ask ... "well?"

... Thom

OK, I'm kinda considering the factory reset :( The biggest issue I have with JB won't be fixed with a factory resent tho. That's why I'm hesitant. My Ford car with Sync can no longer grab and read aloud any texts I get while in the car. If I decide to do this, I'll look into the Ti Pro. But, does anyone expect an update before the next OS release?
Thanks guys

OK, I'm kinda considering the factory reset :( The biggest issue I have with JB won't be fixed with a factory resent tho. That's why I'm hesitant. My Ford car with Sync can no longer grab and read aloud any texts I get while in the car. If I decide to do this, I'll look into the Ti Pro. But, does anyone expect an update before the next OS release?
Thanks guys

Not only did I do a Factory Data Reset, but I also sent my phone to Motorola, and neither of which helped. I hate JB!

Back
Top Bottom