• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

jkAppSwitchEX

shrink57

Android Expert
Dec 19, 2009
South Florida
Just started playing with a very convenient, unobtrusive, and functional task manager called jkAppSwitchEX (don't blame me, I didn't name it). It allows you to switch between running programs, set up and launch favorites, view recently launched apps, view and kill memory resident stuff. It provides easy access from the statusbar and can be run by long-pressing the search key. So far I am quite impressed. There is a free version and a version with more features (don't really see much difference but bought it to support the developer - well worth the $1.00). The free version is called jkAppSwitch

This is worth checking out...

I uninstalled it today because the update has made it very slow and unusable. It was a good program until today and allowed me to use my phone whenever the sense homescreen restarts.

Thanks for the heads up. So far, I have not noticed any slowdowns and will continue to put jkAppSwitch through its paces. I could be that we are using differnt phones, operating systems, and homescreens. My problem is I update so many programs it gets hard to tell what is impacting what. I have that bad habit of fixing things until they are broken :D

Upvote 0
For those looking for the free version just search w/o the 'EX' on the end. JkAppSwotch is the free version. I installed it and will start testing now. Used to like the built-in switcher until the 2.0.1 update because now the most used items don't show up most of the time. Gmail, browsers and what not never seem to show up now. Used to always be there but now it's just frustrating when I check first then have to go to the home screen to locate the app. Hopefully this app will give me back the functionality I was used to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones