• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

bprice

May 10, 2010
I know that this has been posted in older threads. I am hoping for some updated answers. I have some dvd's that I encoded in mp4 that I transferred to GT10.1. They play but the playback is jumpy but looks good. Videos downloaded from the market play very smooth with no apparent issues. What would be the format of the market videos?

The reason for these questions is that I am traveling on a long trip and would like to have several movies on tab to take with me. Downloaded from market only last for 24hrs after initial play. I would like to be a able to start and stop whenever and not worry about a time limit. So movies that I encode and transfer to tab are the only way to do this.

Thanks for help.

Personally I use DVD shrink to rip the DVDs (if they are copy protected) then use Handbrake to convert the files to Mp4 or MKV. The stock player is good but not great, I'd highly recommend Dice Player (get the Tegra plug in too) it can play pretty much anything you throw at it and is much smoother.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones