• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

just bought htc desire 526 and cant log in to google

londonstylz

Jan 31, 2011
I bought a new phone this morning but can't get google to log in. Everytime I try I get the "unfortunately google play services has stopped message". Tried clearing cache and data from Google Play. Google Play services, and google services framework. Still the same result. Can anyone help?

The 526 was released in July of 2015, so when you say a "New" phone, you mean new to you, but not brand new? First thing I would try is booting into recovery and first clearing the system cache and then performing a factory reset. If that doesn't clear it up, you might have to reflash the factory firmware, but you might also consider returning it to the original owner. It may be why they sold it.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones