• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Just got one...can anyone answer some questions?

gripweed

Android Enthusiast
I got sick of my Razr Maxx. The buttons on it sucked, the screen was pretty low quality, was slow, constantly got bogged down and I'd be waiting a minute for the text app to open...and to top it off, it seemed like the battery wasn't so robust anymore.

So I bought a Spectrum 2 off eBay for pretty cheap. Liking it so far...seems much more responsive and doesn't lag on commands.

I have some questions though I hope someone can answer....

When I drag apps together on the home screen to make a folder...it literally shows a folder. That's kind of dumb and ugly...every other droid I've ever had it just kind of put them in a square or circle...is there anyway to change the look of that folder?

All my other phones, you could also group the apps in the app drawer....so I'd basically make a group and put the apps I use in there to avoid looking at the bloatware...I don't see a way to do that here....am I missing something? I see I can drag them into folders in the app drawer, but that doesn't really help. I guess maybe I could just drag all the bloatware into a folder and that'd be a start.

I had some others but I can't think of them right now. Seems like a nice phone, especially for the money, but I'm surprised LG cut some corners on the looks of it all. Makes it seem cheap. A little extra effort with cosmetics and you'd think you had a really expensive phone.

You can use a new launcher to change the folder icon. But it doesn't look like you can do that in the stock launcher.

To group your apps in the app drawer, you can tap the setting icon and then make folders. I don't know any other way...

I would recommend using Apex Launcher to gain the functionality you described. (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anddoes.launcher&hl=en)

It gives you folder settings, there are a ton of themes and it even allows you to alter the grid of your homescreens - found this out as I did not like the stock 4x4 grid as the screen is HUGE, so I changed it to 5x6.

Its very lightweight and fast as well, purchased the pro version after 2 weeks of using.. I used to use GO Launcher Pro but when I test drove Apex, I switched imediately

When I drag apps together on the home screen to make a folder...it literally shows a folder. That's kind of dumb and ugly...every other droid I've ever had it just kind of put them in a square or circle...is there anyway to change the look of that folder?

I use Folder Organizer ($1.50), which allows you to choose your own categories/folders and icons from a bunch they supply. Looking at the free Folder Organizer Lite, it might only add ads, I don't know.

You can put apps in more than one folder. I have most of my categories/folders fit on one screen. I rarely need to go into the app drawer.

Be forewarned: Assigning the icons takes a bit of time to look through theirs and find good ones.

Another question....why is transferring files onto the phone so slow?

I went to move an MP3 over and it took way longer than any other droid I've ever had. Then when I went to move the file into the folder, both the file and folder on the phone, it still took a while...that's always an instantaneous move.

Back
Top Bottom