• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Just got the Tab S, what's this widget page that I cant delete?

Dieselrob

Lurker
I just got my Tab S, so far I like it. I passed on the Ipad Air 128g because the tab s had some good features.

I notice when I swipe left, I see a page dedicate to widget placement. I try to remove all the widgets, I get to the last one, it says "can't delete last widget"

I don't want a widget page, when I swipe left, or when I swipe right I want empty pages, a page I place nothing at all.

I have a Note 3, it doesn't force me to have a widget page, if I am forced to keep something I don't want ( the big bonus to choosing android over IOS ) I probably will be returning this at a hit $70 restocking fee :shot:

Surely they wouldn't force us to keep a whole page?

Surely they would. No way to get rid of it with the stock launcher, but you can load one of the alternate launchers. I use the Nova launcher. The non removable widget page was my main reason for switching to the Nova launcher.

You really don't lose anything by using a different launcher and you they do not require you to root. It does take a little bit of tweaking to get them to look the way you want. Getting the grid size right was the thing that took me the longest with Nova.

Another vote for Nova launcher. It's a lot better than Touch Wiz IMHO, and my tablet seems a lot snappier.

So as meneyformothin wrote: on home screen, pinch in to get home screen setting and then uncheck "content home screen". Done. Works.

Hold down on another page, like you are going to add a widget. Click on settings, uncheck the "content home" check mark. This makes the widget page go away.

I just reformatted my Tab S and could not for the life of me remember how I turned off that annoying widget. I was going bonkers not being able to figure it out. Thanks so much for the help!!!

Back
Top Bottom