• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

just noticed another JELLYBEAN glitch

danoffset

Hi guys,
wondered if anyone could help. Whilst showing off my S3 and new update. I was showing how we can add and remove home screens. Anyway I managed to add them just fine, but when I went to delete them the phone froze for a sec then a message saying touchwizz had stopped.

It then loaded back up and now everytime I go to remove them it does the exact same thing. I tried turning off and removing battery but still no joy.

I'm not rooted and I'm just using the stock launcher that came with the phone. Does this happen to the rest of you guys? Does anyone know how to solve this whilst remaining stock?

Would be grateful if someone could help, thanks.

You can try a Factory Reset and see if it takes care of it. But in doing so, you will lose all of your data.

Just tried on Touchwiz and it didn't glitch. Stock JB, unbranded/SIM-free, UK I9300.

I'd recommend giving Nova a go. I could never go back to TW now - it looks...childish.

Hi guys,
wondered if anyone could help. Whilst showing off my S3 and new update. I was showing how we can add and remove home screens. Anyway I managed to add them just fine, but when I went to delete them the phone froze for a sec then a message saying touchwizz had stopped.

It then loaded back up and now everytime I go to remove them it does the exact same thing. I tried turning off and removing battery but still no joy.

I'm not rooted and I'm just using the stock launcher that came with the phone. Does this happen to the rest of you guys? Does anyone know how to solve this whilst remaining stock?

I've had the same thing on an s3 and a note 2. It isn't a jelly bean issue. It happens sometimes when you have a bad signal and your phone can't connect to the network. On the note 2 it resets itself after a few seconds but on the s3 you just need to restart it. Hope that works.

Yeah tried all that and nothing. My signals good, been doing it for a couple of days. Now lookin at other launchers. I hate factory resetting... takes ages to get it back to normal

Hi guys,

Mine does exactly the same as yours,worked fine before the update, must be a glitch somewhere :confused:

Do you work for AT&T out of curiosity or are you just reading the same troubleshooting manual they use? ;)

factory reset always fixes a minor bug/glitch.

seriously i think i should work for them since it always helped when i recommended it .

just sucks though because ye factory reset,..

Ok sorted it, turns out you have to do a reset unfortunately. Just bite the bullet and do it. Downside you'll prob spend an hr getting it back to normal. Bit of pain if you have different passwords and forgot which is which

Back
Top Bottom