• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just Ordered mine finally

trophynuts

Extreme Android User
Just ordered My Moto G LTE from Amazon. It will be here on Wednesday. I'll go get a Tmo sim for it on Thursday or Friday. Looking forward to see how far android has came since I stopped using it almost 2 years ago. I'm still not ready to give it a shot as a daily driver. My primary purpose for this phone is for testing Tmo's network in my area as I prepare to swap carriers in the fall and to use it overseas with Tmo to see how nice their international deals are. And of course to evaluate how Android has evolved.

Lets get this party started. :smokingsomb:

Trophy, has it shipped? Motorola says it takes 3-5 days to process the 2 day shipping. Curious if amazon is same way

Yes it has shipped. UPS tracking has it on track to be at my dojo Tomorrow as scheduled.

I was originally going to order it from MOTO at release because their ship times were better than Amazon. Then that changed a few weeks after release. So I ordered from Amazon with Prime shipping.

Unless something changed, the warranty is much better when ordering directly from Moto. I got mine in two days from them.

Unless something changed, the warranty is much better when ordering directly from Moto. I got mine in two days from them.

the manufacturer warranty would be no different.

For me it doesn't matter anyways. I unlocked the bootloader first thing.

the manufacturer warranty would be no different.

For me it doesn't matter anyways. I unlocked the bootloader first thing.

Actually, it is. Direct through them you get their extended warranty for free. It is two years and I believe includes one replacement for a broken screen or water damage (i. e. things that are your fault not a manufacturer defect). Unlocking the bootloader would make it irrelevant to you though. I currently do not plan to root it as it is doing just about everything I want it to do. The warranty info might be valuable for anyone else trying to decide where to buy.

It might have been a special when I ordered. The cart automatically added it with no charge when I did, but it doesn't look the same now. Definitely worth checking before ordering though. I also got the 12 mo. interest free financing. Who knows, maybe that was what gave me the extended warranty.

If you plan to root, the warranty will be void. Otherwise good deal for those who don't root their phones.

Back
Top Bottom