• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

keep phone number on existing account if changing sim?

I already have an existing prepaid account with Tmobile and is using an old phone with it. I'm thinking of buying a new phone but many new phones use micro sim or nano sim nowadays and this is a problem for me because I don't have one.

So If I buy a new phone with a micro sim card and walk into a Tmobile store, is it likely that a sales rep will have me buy a new micro or nano sim? The thing is I just bought more minutes for basic call service with the regular sim card and I want to keep my phone number if I can.
I mean do I just bring in the new phone, pay the $10 for the new micro/nano sim and get a new phone number?
or can I transfer those recently bought minutes onto this new micro/nano sim card since it's gonna be charged to the same prepaid account right?

I upgraded from an HTC Sensation 4G to a Motorola Moto G LTE... a month-and-a-half ago? They take different SIMs. Got the SIM for the new phone taken care of at the store. Took mere minutes.

Back
Top Bottom