• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Keeping Screen on During Calls on Bluetooth?

tweak4

Anyone know how to prevent the screen from turning off during calls?

Specifically, when I'm driving, I keep my phone in a dash mount, since I'm usually using Waze or something like that, which keeps the display on. The problem is that whenever I get a call, the phone switches over to the call screen, and then shuts the display off after 30 seconds.

I've been trying to set up a Tasker profile that will update the Display Timeout whenever I get a call while the phone is connected to my car, and I can see that the profile is being activated and the task is running, and I'm using the Display Timeout action in other tasks, so I know that it works there, but for some reason, it doesn't seem to have any impact here- it's like the call screen is explicitly turning off the display, and I can't figure out how to stop it.

Try the app, KinScreen, from the play store.

There might be some potential there- at a glance, I see an option to keep the screen on during calls- I just need to do some digging to see if it can be used only for calls going through bluetooth- I think I'd still want the screen to turn off if I'm holding the phone up to my face!

Thanks for the idea though!

From what I've been able to gather, the screen-off command is baked into directly Samsung's phone app, and completely ignores the system-wide display timeout setting. So, I fired up a port of Google's dialer and contacts apps instead, and it keeps the screen on just fine! I created a simple tasker profile to set my display timeout to 8 hours when I'm connected to the car and charging, and Google's dialer acts exactly like I would expect.

Back
Top Bottom