• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Kernel][Loki][8-9-13]Broken Out Modded Stock Kernel

mtmichaelson

Android Enthusiast
Hello all! Here it is Broken Out Modded Kernel for the LG Spectrum 2!!! A big huge thank you needs to be given to djrbliss for finding and creating a workaround for the locked bootloader!!! Now we finally have control of OUR devices!!!!!

What is this?
This is the stock kernel that has been modified using Loki (created by djrbliss) to bypass the boot loader. It has also been modified to not throw the security error when removing the videos.apk.

Changelog
v 1.0
Lokified
Enabled full root
Removed and modified files that send security error

How do I install this?
1.) Download the .zip
2.) Place zip on sdcard
3.) Reboot into 2nd Init Recovery
4.) Back up
5.) Go to install zip from sdcard
6.) Select BrokenOutModdedKernel.zip
7.) Reboot!

Technical Info
This replaces your boot.img which includes the kernel. It has been modified to bypass the locked boot loader. Djrbliss created Loki to do this. I have patched the stock boot.img using Loki and have modified the files that send the security error. This does void your warranty. I did not make you install it. I did not brick your phone. I am not responsible for any mistakes that you have made.

Special Thanks!!!
djrbliss for finding a way around the bootloader

Donations
For those that enjoy the work that I have done and would like to support my efforts financially through the donate to me button, any amount is appreciated, but all that I ask is that if you like my work, please hit the thanks button!!!

Are u planing to add anything else to your kernal (asking for people who own this device)

Are u planing to add anything else to your kernal (asking for people who own this device)

As of right now I am just messing around with it for myself. I will release a rom first then will look into the kernel. Obviously with this being downloaded 8 times since Friday there isn't a ton of interest in this device, but I love mine and will work to make it better!!!

Ok a couple questions..as of 9/7/13 is there any way of unlocking the bootloader yet on Spec 2? I security errored my original Spectrum bc of not unlocking it...so really the questions are: Any there ways to unlock the bootloader. What root method actually WORKS and is pretty simple as far as automatically installing the appropriate recovery as well as Root, then what would be the process to install the kernel before I security error it? & btw, are there any ROMs available yet?

Thanks so much food your time everybody!!

Ok a couple questions..as of 9/7/13 is there any way of unlocking the bootloader yet on Spec 2? I security errored my original Spectrum bc of not unlocking it...so really the questions are: Any there ways to unlock the bootloader. What root method actually WORKS and is pretty simple as far as automatically installing the appropriate recovery as well as Root, then what would be the process to install the kernel before I security error it? & btw, are there any ROMs available yet?

Thanks so much food your time everybody!!

with loki you dont need a unlocked bootloader because loki acts like a sheild and protects the device from alerting the "police" or the security error

I have the vs930 22a. And its rooted i yhink unlocked it says device unlocked so boot sucsess i have done this all on my phone not computer exploits but my question is i downloaded the rom put it on my sd in the root of it and used lte2 int and the botted into recovery i backed my phone up from there and went to zip and insalled it it went through fine said reboot so i did but no difference in logo or kernel in settings. Unless it is and i didnt know lol. But i have bricked before and fixed it myself. But i just can seem to me anyway to be able to flash this rom. But like i said it said it installed. Any answers would be helpfull. Thankyou in advance

Back
Top Bottom