• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Key tracker/finder app that actually works

e_canuck

I'm on my second electronic key tracker/finder with an Android app Bluetooth function, Pebblebee, and it's even worse for failing to work properly than the first one I tried, Tile (sport.) In both cases the app simply doesn't work, usually not "finding" the key tracker at all, just continually saying it last saw the device a long time ago. In the case of the present Pebblebee, even when it successfully buzzes the tracker on my keys, the app doesn't "find" it/show it as found. I press the button to stop the buzzing and the app continues to say the device was last seen a few months ago.

The ratings for the Pebblebee app are very low and lots of other app users are commenting with the same kind of problems. This is despite the device having been successfully paired with my phone's Bluetooth when I got it and having worked from time to time.

Is there an electronic tracker out there that actually works with Android and works properly?

(PS I read on one web page that some of these apps might struggle to "find" the device in a place with a lot of competing signals. We live in an apartment where I can always see lots of other bluetooth devices when I check for Bluetooth devices to connect to. There are also lots of WIFI signals around us in the building. I don't know if that has anything to do with the bluetooth-dependent app being unable to "see" the tracker. You would think that when I go out with my keys, phone and keys in close proximity to each other, the app might then "find" the key tracker but it does not.)

Back
Top Bottom