• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Keyboard closes while typing

Hi everyone, I am really new to the forums so bare with me and give me tips on improving my questions for the future.

Problem:
I have had this problem but it becomes increasingly worse over time. I will be typing on Snapchat and my keyboard just crashes. No message pops up saying it crashed, it just closes and leaves the cursor blinking as though I can type but there's no keyboard. Sometimes unselecting and reselecting the text box a few times will get the keyboard to pop up again. Other times it will not respond and I have to restart the app before it will work. Although sometimes this does not help and it still "crashes".

Attempted solutions:
I have tried contacting Google support via email but I just get an automated response but the links and sections do not help. I have googled this a lot and to no avail, they all say the same thing. To clear the keyboards cache and data, uninstall it and reinstall it, and get a new keyboard app. I have done these things with Gboard, default LG keyboard, swiftkey, and Chrooma. They all do the same thing and have the same result. I even have factory reset my phone before( for a separate problem but still) and uninstalled and reinstalled Snapchat.

Conclusion:
I am very lost and confused as to why this is happening. I think I have tried everything (prove me wrong please). I am not sure if I am just out of luck or I did something to cause this. Any help is appreciated.

Info:
Phone: LG harmony
Android version: 7 Nougat
Snapchat version: 10.43.5.0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones