• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Keyboard Malfunctions

wynn55

Jan 6, 2011
There are times when I'll be typing on the hardware keyboard and then the phone thinks I'm doing keyboard shortcuts and every keystroke opens something different. Fixable or just a Velocity problem?

EDIT:

The problem goes away if I reboot the phone but always shows up again later on.

There are times when I'll be typing on the hardware keyboard and then the phone thinks I'm doing keyboard shortcuts and every keystroke opens something different. Fixable or just a Velocity problem?

EDIT:

I've had this problem since 2.1, on every rom i flashed, it's a hardware glitch in the phone...not a rom problem.

Upvote 0
No need to reboot. There's a simple fix to this. The keyboard shortcuts are normally activated when you press the Search key with a corresponding letter. So if you're typing something and shortcuts start activating, obviously the phone thinks the Search button is being held down when it's really not. All I do is press the Search button 3 or 4 times so the phone can realize that I'm not pressing it, and then return to typing.

Upvote 0
No need to reboot. There's a simple fix to this. The keyboard shortcuts are normally activated when you press the Search key with a corresponding letter. So if you're typing something and shortcuts start activating, obviously the phone thinks the Search button is being held down when it's really not. All I do is press the Search button 3 or 4 times so the phone can realize that I'm not pressing it, and then return to typing.

Ahh ty. That happened to me and i was getting pissed.

Upvote 0

EDIT:

Ive had this happen many times with different roms and the only thing I know that will make it stop is to go under settings>applications>quick launch and clear all the shortcuts...

Reactions: wynn55
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones