• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help keyboard

jecstl

Lurker
just updated to 2.2 att. like most things but miss the old keyboard
find it annoying to switch between numbers and letters and really dont understand swipe

anybody making a old keyboard program?

While I agree I liked the old keyboard layout, I find the new keyboard much more responsive and accurate. I found the old keyboard "off" like all the keys were offset by a digit, I had to arm high and left to get the right letter.

With the new keyboard I rarely miss, so using the second keyboard for symbols and numbers isn't so painful.

Next Swype is amazing. While with little words it isn't that much of a help, but with large words I can enter them much quicker and I think with practice, it will really help my enter. What amazes me is I can mess up and not think I am even close and it will still figure out the word, like it is reading my mind :D

The have some good help info here too. Swype

Give it some time, you may find it is worth keeping.

I was also wary of the new keyboard and also didn't (and still don't) either like or use swipe. However, I now love the keyboard having discovered that if you do swipe the first two keys on the bottom row (just drag your finger across the "swipe" and "SYM" keys) that takes you immediately to a wonderful set of arrows for excellent manipulation around text, and copy/paste abilities. Return to the qwerty keyboard is instant by pressing the "ABC" key.
Love it!

Back
Top Bottom